Friday, July 17, 2009

Braedon The Baby Tomato Muncher!... children's photography


So the weather in Tennessee is the best it could be today! A much welcomed cold front is pushing through which means instead of the usual summer heat being 95 degrees it is closer to 85 degrees and that is wonderful. It’s a shame to be indoors on such a beautiful day so I am sitting on the deck beside the tomato plants to work.

I’ve never had tomato plants, so you can image all the things I was thinking when I put the tiny seedlings into the soil and blessed them with cool drinks of H2O every morning. I’ve been thinking fresh tomato sandwiches and winter spaghetti with the big tomatoes that grow and use the cherry tomatoes (the ones I call baby) for zesty salads and home made salsa for my crunchy chips! Never once did I imagine the laughter they would bring as we watched our favorite neighbor mow through them like gum drops!

Braedon (3yrs old) pretty much has the popularity race wrapped up in our suburban cul-de-sac, along with his two cousin’s Samantha (also 3 yrs old) and Kailin (still toddlin'). It is such fun to hear Braedon yell “hello” as he runs toward us when he notices we are outside. (although I think Jason is his favorite)

Now that I know he loves baby tomatoes as much as he loves to play with my marble collection and run from Daisy the crazy dog I am sure baby tomatoes will continue to find their way into my summer garden for years to come.

Now, I wonder what I can find to plant for his cousins…

1 comment:

  1. Proof that you can never anticipate or predict the scope of your own influence. Even something small---like a Baby Tomato---growing on a modest, inexperienced vine can have effects beyond your imagination.

    ReplyDelete