Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hang-it Note


You know we're a CREATIVE, ok, maybe more like "strange" family when we scribe messages on anything that happens to be laying around the house! But the more I think about it, the more I appreciate his resourcefulness and willingness to save another tree by using it's mere offspring as a simple post-it note! Or in this case, "hang-it" note.

As I stumbled toward the kitchen at 4 a.m. for my morning cup of java I noticed this apple message that was hanging on the ribbon tied to the chandelier. The front simply says "Wake me". The back of it says "up when you get up". hmmmm....ooooooooook. That's just weird. But kinda cute, so time to grab a camera.

Since I am the mom, the first one with feet on the floor, and the pusher of time around here, I assumed the apple message was left for me. But who in the world would go to the trouble to write on half of an apple, tie it to a ribbon and hang it from the chandelier when they could just post a note to my coffee pot, computer, fridge, or most any other place in this house and I would surely see it within five minutes of my awakening? And why the heck would anyone get up as early as I do, that's just nuts.

I walked straight to his room and screamed... ETHAN!!!! WAAAAKE UP!!!

Next time he'll remember that mom is a very early riser!





No comments:

Post a Comment