Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH

Did you hear that loud SCHREEEEETCH sound as you opened this blog?

I know, it's down right ridiculous how long it has been since the last post. I will admit that with the all consuming plans of our daughter's beautiful wedding I totally fell off the blog wagon and have had an enormous time getting back on. But I am here now and have made my new commitment to wordy exposures of Master Creations. After all, there's just too many good things going on around here!

I thought I would create one big blog reporting all the stuff that has happened since the beginning of April, but then on second thought figured that you are here because you are a blog reader not a novel connoisseur, so maybe I will post in segments. I plan to bring them to you one at a time until the past has been brought forward. I have to get off my keester and start posting quickly because the "here and now" will be in the past in just a moment. Aren't we all here to share and encourage one another while living our days? Then my goal is to share living through our photography blog! WOO HOO!! The fun is back!


Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch: Episode 1

SARAH & JOSH
May 16, 2009

(Please Note: The order that "Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch" episodes appear does not necessarily denote that particular episode's importance or sense of enjoyment for us, although this one does!)



The all time most memorable day for us was May 16th, 2009. The most important, the most exciting, and by far the most nerve wrecking was with Sarah and Josh at The Cool Springs House in Brentwood, TN. Sarah just happens to be our daughter. But let me clarify that I am not old enough to have a daughter who is twenty-something and now a newly wed! You gotta believe she was born when I was eight years old!

How long did we plan for this wedding? More than a year. If you have planned your own daughter's beautiful wedding you understand me perfectly. If you are like I was until this past spring, one who has only experienced a wedding from behind a lens, please humor me here, since I can now say I truly understand why the Mother of the Bride tends to be so cranky on the big day! (Sorry moms, remember though, it's said with love and encouragement!)

It's outrageous how so many emotions can be pinned up in a moms heart that day! Excitement for the day, joy in seeing your daughter achieve her dream, nerves that everything will go as planned, and a sort of melancholy feeling because although you know it really is not the end of your life with her, somehow you know it will be different from this day forward. Not sad, just different.

Now for a few details:
Sarah's and Josh's outdoor wedding had a few wet spots in it. Ok, I'll tell it like it was...The weather was the pits! It started raining in the middle of April in Tennessee and didn't let up until the 17th of May! Not the 15th nor the 16th...Oh no! That would be too perfect! It had to be exactly one day past the most important wedding of the century! This years month of May was officially the 3rd wettest month in the entire history of the state of Tennessee! But who knew? Too bad we misplaced our almanac and never met up with Farmer Brown for a little heads up on weather. That would be too convenient and take the thrill out of the ride! Besides, who needs such details when there are cakes, colors and flower bouquets to choose?

As the day neared and the clouds grew darker we had half of Middle Tennessee and all of North Alabama praying for a sunshine. But as the 16th drew closer to we realized that eeking a dry ceremony would be a miracle! Believe it or not, miracle it was! But just by a gnats little wing! We were thankful as God held off the storm until after the "I do's". As soon as Josh kissed his bride and turn to exit with her, God simply removed his mighty hand from those monstrous rain clouds. It was actually pretty funny! Guest ran toward shelter like shoppers toward a sidewalk sale!

So... the rains came, and the thunder roared as it stole a bit of photographic opportunity but nothing could have been bigger than the most important, the most exciting, the most beautiful OH HAPPY DAY that could ever be captured through the lens of this momma's heart!

We all love her so. And just as I suspected, it is a little different now. But only because now... we all love THEM so. I'm very proud of my daughter Sarah, and very thankful the Lord has sent her a fine young man in Josh Elliott. He's already proven to be a keeper!

TAKE A PEEK AT THE GALLERY! If you need the password it is: josh


Oh, and couldn't resist including the below shots as well. They define my children so well!
GOTTA LOVE IT!


"Anything for you, Sis!"
Stay tuned...the blog is back!






No comments:

Post a Comment